Van insurance acceptance criteria
To be able to provide you with a quote, we've made some assumptions about the details of your policy.
You and all drivers:
- Are permanent residents of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. We're sorry but we can't offer quotes for residents of the Channel Islands
- Have no criminal convictions, have never been refused insurance, had any special terms imposed or had a policy cancelled or declared void by an insurer
- Have advised the DVLA/DVANI of any notifiable medical condition and the DVLA/DVANI have agreed to the issue of a licence
- The policy holder is the main user of the vehicle.
The van is not:
- A Q plate
- A grey import
- Used to carry hazardous goods
- Used in connection with the motor trade
- Used to carry passengers for hire and reward or tows a trailer
- Refrigerated, an ice cream van, a horsebox, a milk float, a mobile shop, a hot food dispenser, a camper van or a minibus.
Any no claims discount being used:
- Is not being used on a different policy
- Was earned in the UK within the last two years
- Was earned on a van policy in your name (not as a named driver).
Please make sure these assumptions are correct before buying your policy.