Van insurance acceptance criteria
To be able to provide you with a quote, we've made some assumptions about the details of your policy.
You and all drivers:
- Are permanent residents of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. We're sorry but we can't offer quotes for residents of the Channel Islands
- Have no criminal convictions, have never been refused insurance, had any special terms imposed or had a policy cancelled or declared void by an insurer
- Have advised the DVLA/DVANI of any notifiable medical condition and the DVLA/DVANI have agreed to the issue of a licence
- The policy holder is the main user of the vehicle.
The van is not:
- A Q plate
- A grey import
- Used to carry hazardous goods
- Used in connection with the motor trade
- Used to carry passengers for hire and reward or tows a trailer
- Refrigerated, an ice cream van, a horsebox, a milk float, a mobile shop, a hot food dispenser, a camper van or a minibus.
Any no claims discount being used:
- Is not being used on a different policy
- Was earned in the UK within the last two years
- Was earned on a van policy in your name (not as a named driver).
Please make sure these assumptions are correct before buying your policy.
Protect your van with flexible insurance options including breakdown cover and legal protection, so if things go wrong you can get back to work as soon as possible.