Van substitute vehicle cover
Your standard policy already covers you for a courtesy van (small van) while your van's being repaired by one of our nominated repairers. However, you won't get one if your van's been stolen and not recovered or damaged beyond repair.
However you can add Substitute Vehicle cover to your policy for an extra cost.
You're covered for:
This enhanced substitute vehicle cover provides you with a hire van of an equivalent engine size to yours (up to maximum gross weight of 3.5 tonnes and, subject to when your policy started, a maximum engine size of 2000cc) if:
- Your van's stolen and not recovered
- It's damaged beyond repair after a fire, an attempted theft or an act of vandalism (please see full terms and conditions)
- It's damaged beyond repair after an accident that was your fault.
Your hire van will be delivered to a place of your choice after one working day. You can claim for up to 28 days, up to twice per policy period.
The policy covers you for incidents that occur in the UK.
What you're not covered for:
- Any accident that's not your fault
- Claims arising from a deliberate, criminal act or an omission other than vehicle theft
- Hire costs before the insurer has confirmed they'll deal with your claim in writing
You're required to notify your insurer of the incident. Full terms and conditions can be found in our optional additional products booklet.