Van insurance acceptance criteria
Please make sure that you answer the questions accurately, as any errors may invalidate your insurance or any future claims. To provide you with a quote, we have made some assumptions about the drivers and the van.
You and all drivers:
- Have no criminal convictions, have never been refused insurance, had any special terms imposed or had a policy cancelled or declared void by an insurer.
- Have advised the DVLA/DVANI of any notifiable medical condition and the DVLA/DVANI have agreed to the issue of a licence.
- Between all drivers named on the policy there are no more than five accidents, claims or losses in the last five years on any motor vehicle or more than five motoring convictions or endorsements (including fixed penalties) in the last five years including any prosecutions pending on any motor vehicle.
- You and all the additional drivers are permanently resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland (we regret we cannot offer quotations for residents of the Channel Islands).
- If you are claiming no claims discount it is only acceptable if it has been:
- Earned in the UK within the last two years.
- It is not being used on a different policy.
- Earned on a van policy in your name (not as a named driver).
- Rules will vary for armed forces personnel posted abroad on service recently, please contact us on 0333 321 9675.
- Is not an ice cream van, horsebox, milk float, mobile shop, hot food dispenser, camper van or minibus.
- Is not used for carriage of passengers for hire & reward.
- Is not used in connection with the motor trade.