Home insurance acceptance criteria
If you can agree to the following, you are eligible for a quotation:
We will provide you with sufficient information to enable you to make an informed decision on your purchase. As we will not make a formal recommendation, please consider all information carefully to ensure the product meets with your requirements before you decide to proceed.
In order to obtain an online quotation you must be able to satisfy all of the following criteria.
About you, any anyone permanently residing with you
- You and any person permanently residing with you, have never been declared bankrupt and have no CCJs in the last 6 years (we may be able to offer you a quotation over the phone, please contact us on 0333 999 3924).
- You and any person permanently residing with you, do not have any unspent criminal convictions or pending prosecutions for any offence other than motoring offences.
- You and any person permanently residing with you, have never been refused insurance, had any special terms imposed or had a policy cancelled or declared void by an insurer.
- You are permanently resident in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man (we regret we cannot offer quotations for residents of the Channel Islands).
- You have had no more than 5 claims/losses within the last 5 years on a Home Insurance policy.
About your property and the surrounding area
- The property is not shared by anyone who is not a member of your immediate family(1).
- The property you want to insure is self-contained, with a locked entrance that is only accessible to you, members of your immediate family(1) and authorised key holders.
- Your property is not a listed building or under a preservation order, is built of brick, stone or concrete and is roofed with slates or tiles.
- The property is not in an Environment Agency(2) defined flood risk area and has never suffered from any flooding.
- The property is not left unoccupied for more than 30 continuous days in any one period of insurance.
- The property is in a good state of repair and does not have any construction work in progress or planned.
- The property is not used for any business purposes with the exception of clerical business use.
- The property is your main residence, is not used as a holiday or weekend home and is situated in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man (we regret we cannot offer quotations for properties in the Channel Islands).
- The property has never suffered from subsidence, landslip and heave and is not underpinned or provided with other means of structural support.
- The property is not a bedsit or a room in halls of residence or barracks.
- What is meant by immediate family? – Your immediate family would include, the person you are married to, have entered in to Civil Partnership with, or live with as if you were married, your children, foster children and any relations who permanently reside with you.
- How do I know if my property is in an Environment Agency defined flood area? – You can find out if you live in an area by contacting the Environment Agency Floodline on 0345 988 1188 (24 hour service) or by visiting www.gov.uk
At Hastings Direct, we know how important your home and its contents are to you. That's why we offer home insurance that covers you for the unexpected expense that theft, loss and damage can bring. Plus you can choose from a great range of optional extras.