How to make a home insurance claim
If you need to make a home insurance claim please contact your Insurer directly as soon as possible. Their contact details can be found on your policy documentation.
If you have purchased additional products such as family legal protection or home emergency assistance (your policy documentation will detail if this cover is included) and you wish to make a claim under these policies, you can contact the providers on the numbers below.
Home Emergency Assistance
- If your policy started or renewed on or after the 12th July 2017 — 0800 633 5088 — 24 hours a day .
- If your policy started or renewed before the 12th July 2017 — 0330 400 1614 — 24 hours a day.
Family Legal Protection
If you need to make a claim for any reason, it's your insurers aim to settle it as quickly and easily as possible and to assist the progress of your claim we have detailed some guidelines below.
Important points to remember:
- Tell the police immediately if something is lost or if you suspect theft or malicious damage. Ask the police for a crime reference number.
- Contact your Insurer directly to report a claim. Their contact details can be found on your policy documentation.
- Get estimates for repairing damage as soon as possible. You can carry out any temporary repairs needed to make your home weatherproof or safe immediately but keep the receipts as the cost may form part of your claim.
- Your insurer must have the opportunity of looking at the damage before permanent repairs begin.
- If someone is holding you or your family responsible for damage to their property or for injury to them, tell your insurer about this immediately.
- If your insurer asks, please send them written details of your claim.
- You must take all reasonable steps to get back any missing property.
- You must take all reasonable steps to prevent further damage.
- You must not admit or deny any claim made by someone else against you or your family or make any agreement with them. Your insurer has the right to negotiate, settle or defend any such claim in your name or on your behalf.