Important information about driving abroad

    Taking your vehicle abroad

    Good news! All our policies cover use in the EU (and several other European countries) as standard. All drivers on the policy will have the same level of cover as in the UK for any trip, for up to 90 days per trip. See your policy documents for full terms and conditions.

    As the UK is part of the Green Card Free Circulation Area (GCFCA), you don’t need to carry a green card when travelling in Europe but you will need to provide proof of insurance if requested.

    Frequently asked questions

    Can you drive your car in Europe?

    What countries are covered?

    You can drive your car (for up to 90 consecutive days) in any EU country, plus Bosnia and Herzegovina, Gibraltar, Iceland, Montenegro, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Andorra and Serbia.

    What do I do if I have an accident while in Europe?

    What do I do if I break down while in Europe?

    Car insurance

    Our Direct and Premier policies are 5 Star rated by Defaqto, so why not get a hassle-free car insurance quote today.

    Log in to MyAccount

    Log in to MyAccount to manage your policy online. You can view and download documents at your convenience. If your policy number starts with 'XA' you can also make payments and changes to your policy online.