Car insurance acceptance criteria
In order to obtain an online quotation you must be able to satisfy all of the following criteria.
- You and all additional drivers are permanently resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland (we regret we cannot offer quotations for residents of the Channel Islands).
- You, your spouse or civil partner are the main user of the car.
- Your car is registered in the UK, and must be a UK model or built to UK specifications.
- Your car is not Q plated or a car derived van.
- You and all additional drivers have advised the DVLA/DVANI of any notifiable condition and the DVLA/DVANI have agreed to the issue of a licence.
- You and all additional drivers hold the appropriate car licence for the car you drive or intend to drive.
- No driver has had any criminal convictions, been refused car insurance or had any special terms imposed.
- No driver will require business use in relation to a driving occupation eg courier, fast food delivery, motor trade or any other involving hire and reward or commercial travelling.
- No driver is a professional sports person, actor, actress, tv/radio broadcaster, model, circus/fairground worker or street trader.
- Your car is the manufacturer's original specification with no modifications that enhance appearance or performance.
- Between all drivers named on the policy there are no more than five accidents, claims or losses in the last five years on any motor vehicle, or more than five motoring convictions or endorsements (including fixed penalties) in the last five years including any prosecutions pending on any motor vehicle.
- If you are claiming a no claims discount it is only acceptable if it has been:
- Earned on a private car policy in your name (not as a named driver).
- Earned in the UK within the last two years.
- It is not being used on a different policy.
- Rules will vary for armed forces personnel posted abroad on service recently, please contact us on 0333 321 9675.
If you're unable to meet any of the above criteria, please call us on 0333 321 9760 where our advisors may be able to assist you further with your quote enquiry.